When your tooth is severely broken or damaged by decay, it can generally be repaired with a number of restorative procedures. Because losing a tooth can have adverse effects on your dental health, a dentist’s primary goal is to repair the tooth in order to restore its full functionality.
However, there are certain situations where no other dental procedure would be able to save the tooth or repair any structural imbalance in your mouth. This is where a tooth extraction is implemented.
At Artistic Smiles, we offer tooth extractions to Miami residents only as a last resort, as we understand that this procedure is permanent and thus utilized only in extreme cases. When there is truly no other option, we specialize in a wide range of tooth extractions, from simple extractions to complex surgical ones such as the removal of wisdom teeth.
Types of Extractions
The type of extraction that we recommend greatly depends on the extent of the damage as well as a variety of other individual characteristics of your case.
Some of the common reasons for tooth extraction include, but are not limited to:
- Crowded teeth – either too large for your mouth or leave no room for new teeth to erupt.
- Baby teeth – late in falling out naturally and interfere with the eruption of permanent teeth.
- Wisdom teeth – commonly come in during your late teens or early 20’s, and may be decayed or stuck in the jaw during the eruption process.
- Severe infection – when root canal therapy is insufficient for fully eliminating a bacterial infection in your tooth.
- Organ transplant – when your immune system is compromised and you develop a risk for infection in your teeth.
Our team of dentists, led by Dr. Yon Elejabarrieta, excel in the ability to extract wisdom teeth in a quick and painless manner. In addition, we are proud to offer several restoration options when you have no other choice but to have your tooth removed.
To learn more about tooth extractions in Miami, FL, or discuss your options, please do not hesitate to contact us at Artistic Smiles today.
2011-09-20 Read More
What a wonderful experience! I have to admit I was a bit fearful of going to the dentist, especially to get a root canal. However, my experience at Dr Elejabarrieta’s office was great and painless!